Note: You must be logged in as the root user, because root owns the OCR files. Make sure there is a recent copy of the OCR file before making any changes: ocrconfig showbackup
CRS DAEMON FUNCTIONALITY
CRSD: Performs high availability recovery and management operations such as maintaining the OCR and managing application resources.
- Engine for HA operation
- Manages ‘application resources’
- Starts, stops, and fails ‘application resources’ over
- Spawns separate ‘actions’ to start/stop/check application resources
- Maintains configuration profiles in the OCR (Oracle Configuration Repository)
- Stores current known state in the OCR.
- Runs as root
- Is restarted automatically on failure
Sequence of events to bring cluster database back..
1. Start all services using “start -nodeapps”
2. Start ASM instnace using “srvctl start asm -n (node)”
3. Start RAC instances using “srvctl start instance -d (database) -I (instance)”
4. Finish up by bringing our load balanced/TAF service online “srvctl start service -d orcl -s RAC”