A database is creating more than 100 logs every single hour. What is happening ?
Solution: I tried looking into statspack report but it wouldn’t flag the insert/update/delete activity. Also statspack won’t record some of system activity which may contribute to redo logs.Only option to use was “LOGMINER”.
1. Start TOAD and click on DBA-> logminer
2. Select ftp directory else local files to mine
3. Enter FTP details of server
4. Look into file timestamp and select required files
5. I have selected nmst_0000000700.arc file
6. Click on “options” and Select options to display in TOAD window
7. Now click on Green arrow and logminer will start reading log files
8. Please be patient for some time and you would see a report