11g Grid | Monitoring Management Services and Repository
Management Services and Repository:
Lets you monitor system performance and access diagnostic information for the Oracle Management Services and Management Repository.
You can view:
- The overall health of Enterprise Manager.
- The status and performance of the Repository DBMS Jobs that handle Enterprise Manager’s maintenance and monitoring functionality.
- The health and configuration of all Management Services.
- Performance errors for the DBMS jobs and Management Service components (Repository Metrics).
Click at Setup -> “Management Services and Repository” tab
The General section shows general statistics about the Management Repository such as Availability or the number of administrators for this Management Repository.
The Management Services : provides you with an overview of the health and configuration of all Management Services, including their status, any errors encountered, the performance (load processing) of the Management Services when loading metric data to the Management Repository, and information on files waiting to be loaded into the Management Repository.
You can easily view how well the Management Services are performing by looking at the Files Pending Load columns.
You can also look at the performance over time by clicking on the metric link and going to the metrics detail page; for example, for the same amount of data processed, a decreasing trend in loader throughput might indicate that resources on the machine are being maxed out and an additional Management Service might need to be added for load balancing.
Click on “Management Services” -> Name_of_Management_Service to see detailed statistics on “Management Service”.
Repository Operations : The Repository Operations page provides you with an overview of the status and performance of the Repository DBMS Jobs that handle part of Enterprise Manager’s maintenance and monitoring functionality. These DBMS jobs run within the Management Repository and require no user input.
Use the Repository Operations page to view the performance of the Repository DBMS jobs and the errors which have occurred to see how Enterprise Manager is performing.
- If there are any errors shown on the page, see the specific error.
- If a job is down and there is no error, view the database alert log for more information.
- If the Processing Time Percent (Last Hour) is running large and the Throughput is low, check for possible errors in the System Errors page, or alerts in the database alert log.
- If any DBMS job is down, you must determine what the problem is from the generated error messages. You may have to connect to the database as a super administrator and shut down and restart it in order to restart the job.
- If you want more information, clicking a link brings you to a metrics detail page.
The Errors page shows you the performance errors for the DBMS jobs and Management Service components. It also shows the number of duplicate targets. If you click the link, it will bring you to the duplicate targets page. To resolve duplicate target errors, the duplicate target must be renamed on the conflicting Oracle Management Agent.