I wanted to remove one my client node from OMS. I used following GUI option but it returned errors as below
If you carry Agent auto discovery, the display names cannot be configured.
To configure the display names of the targets in the GRID Control console, the targets must be manually discovered.
|Oracle Process Monitor and Notification Control utility|
|When troubleshooting problems in the Grid Control framework, it is important to remember that Grid Control is a J2EE application deployed to the Oracle Application Server 10gJ2EE and Web Cache installation using an Oracle database as a repository.When faced with a problem, first localize the problem to the affected component
|Connectivity Log File||Location|
For last many years I worked for number of clients using all sort of latest technologies. One of my duties was tuning and monitoring system performance which formed part of Capacity planning. I have been using number of tools and when I saw 10G grid first time I could see a real way forward where a database technology could work towards client needs to deliver end result.
- Login to grid control using sysman or any admin user and click on deployments tab
Advantages of using grid control to schedule jobs
- Could be run against multiple targets at any given time
- Run a job immediately or repeatedly on a schedule
- Could be submitted against number of targets
- Could be shared using job library
- Download Software and upload zip at server. You will need 10.2.0.1 else 10.2.0.2 base release before you upgrade to 10.2.03/10.2.0.4
- You will also need an X windows environment like cygwin installed on your desktop for remote install. You can also carry a silent install with no X windows interface.
- Let’s setup cygwin on client window machine
Problem Statement I am configuring Oracle Agent for a grid console. My system is HP TRUE64 and /opt/oracle/Agent10g is a clustered file system like QFS/GFS/OCFS. A clustered file system is shared between 2 nodes, in my case $ORACLE_HOME is shared between cluster1 and cluster2.
If you have a working EM grid console configuration, you can TAR a client configuration and clone it at other nodes.